Wednesday, December 25, 2013

0059 -- Seattle (quickly)

This past weekend a gal pal of mine from college had a holiday party that we decided to venture up for. Ms. Boots Brady (I know her as Peach) knows how to throw one heck of a party and everyone in attendance was just lovely!! I'm so thankful that our little circle is getting bigger and brighter every year. 
The drive to Seattle from Portland is only about three hours and it's gorgeous the whole way! There's tons of bridges crossing over the various rivers and streams that flow up here in the pacific wonderland. So much different than what we're used to seeing back south.



Seattle was gray and drizzly, as usual, when we got in. We don't mind this weather so much as it gives me an excuse to layer up and wear all my fun coats and hats! 
We used one of our wedding presents to stay at the Ace hotel in Seattle (we've stayed at 3 now and visited 4 of the Ace chain and we love them more and more every time we go).
I'm not sure is it's sad or just a testiment to how much fun we were having but this is the only photo that I have from the party on my phone. Boots' cheese plate was insane so was the pate, the tuna spread, olives, decor...I could keep going! Really the best part was the white elephant gifting. Jordan and I ended up with some whiskey making treats, chocolates, and a candle we're burning right now!
The next morning before heading home we walked down to Pike's Place Market to see what the artisans had for sale. We came across tons of floral arrangements I wanted to buy, scallops the size of a fist, and the freshest veggies around. I was pleased to be able to pick up a few gifts for my dad while we were there too!



Update again soon!

xxo




No comments:

Post a Comment