Friday, November 22, 2013

0049 -- q bert and crafts

This week is coming to an end and I am so excited for this weekend!! We've got a friend's birthday to celebrate on Saturday and I've got a meeting Sunday about some VERY exciting plans I'll share with you soon!
Jordan has been a very busy bee with his writing so I've been trying to find some creative ways of using up my time. I've been inspired enough lately to work on a few logo projects which have been really nice and I love being reminded why I love design.

Our buddy Ty also took my out on afternoon to the coolest bar/arcade I've ever been to. It reminded me a lot of a joint we went to when we were just ending the movingmoon down in Eugene. Ground Control is literally just all old arcade games in rows and rows and rows. Most games are only a quarter except the multi player pac man (one of my favs) and the pinball machines (which take up the whole second floor). Apparently after 5pm they serve booze, but we were there when it was still light out, so I can't comment on that. There was a really cool comic book shop not far either...




As well my girlfriend Lynsay came over to do a really fun DIY we had seen on Refinery29. How cute did their hanging planter turn out??

The project was easy and now that we've done it once, I'm sure that it would be easy to make these holders much more custom and intricate. When I find some more yarn I'll definitely be making more! Here's ours:

I also have to talk about the crazy sparkling wine that we devoured while tying knots. It was strawberry and cream flavored and tasted just like those puffy faux marshmallow strawberry candies. Heaven in a glass! And to top it off it's the most precious shade of pink. We think it would be good with some whipped cream vodka, fresh muddled strawberries, and maybe some basil for garnish. I'm sure we'll be drinking these while we dream of summer garden parties this winter!

Promise to update again soon...maybe after my adventures of thrifting! 

xxo

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I need that cocktail your talking about making with that yummy fizz!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete