Wednesday, November 20, 2013

0048 -- lone fir cemetary

When Jordan and i came to visit Portland in May we stopped by a really cool cemetery, lone fir cemetery. It's pretty central off Stark in the 20's. When we moved to the house we're in we had no idea how close to this cemetery we really were (less than half a mile)!
So for a little lunch excursion the other day we decided to go for a walk in the cemetery. Now I don't know about you, but I cannot think of a cemetery with out this song:

It was a bit of a dark day, but it was still quite pretty and we got to see so many squirrels (yes they still excite me)! 
It's amazing to see the juxtaposition between the old graves from the late 1800's and the modern day etched tombstones. Kind makes me wonder what these old stones would tell us if they could talk. I mean really, how humbling it it to think about those people who lives almost 200 years before us...wild.




I'll leave you with this cute house that's on our street! The whole side yard is various kinds of ferns (quickly becoming my favorite plans up here, I'm still hunting for a stag horn fern that I can afford).

Update again soon!!
xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment