Wednesday, February 12, 2014

0065 -- an update

Gosh things have been a bit all over the place. I've been working a lot and trying to figure out my place among a growing company and balancing out my personal life-- being newly married, making new friends, and continuing to keep the friends I have. Not to mention still trying to find adventures everywhere!

We've had a lot of fun getting to figure out Portland, our new routines, the best routes to get to the grocery store, and how much ice we cannot walk on. But it goes without needing to say that it's been hard being without our constants and consistent details. We miss our friends, we don't talk to our families as much, and this weather is definitely something new.
Here's some photos of our recent adventures and excursions although, most of them may be in the kitchen...

















This past weekend and the end of last week we got our first snow storm and no one warned us that Portland really does shut down. There are no salt trucks here so the snow just stays. People don't drive, and suddenly parks are filled with children and parents shooting down hills on sleds. We found it so fun and magical for a few days, but I'm on day 3 of being out of the office and I'm ready to get back to work.




I'm trying a new "no-spend February" so I'm not doing any shopping of goods other than groceries and house hold supplies. It's been hard I can't deny, but it's been fun putting together little shopping lists for the future. Here's a few of my biggest crushes:










I'll try and get better about updating and posting again...can't promise anything though! ;)

xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment