Friday, September 27, 2013

0028 -- hearst castle and south big sur

After leaving the CatCamp in morro bay Jordan and I headed north to San Simeon to see the infamous Hearst castle. Sadly I found the tour a bit weak considering the price, but the grounds were just magical! I cannot believe that people actually used to get to stay and play there!! 
From there we kept cruising up the coast towards south big sur! We knew we wanted to beach camp since some friends of ours had told us how special it is. We came across Limekiln State Park and campsite 4 gave us nothing but magic!!! 
The next morning after sleeping in much later than planned we took a little hike to see the falls and the kilns that give this park it's name. 

From there we headed further north into big sur proper to the Henry Miller library and bookshop. SO neat! 
I'll leave you here so I can eat my lunch as well, big sur deserves it's own post!

Update again soon!!
xxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment