Thursday, January 16, 2014

0063 - lady + maker

We've always known some pretty crafty and creative people. I find it hellishly inspiring to be around them, watch their moves, see what they're making, and of course I love getting to pick their brains to learn about their influences.

Over the weekend Jordan and I went over to see our friends Sam and Matt for some drinks and card games. While we were there we got to see their operation for Lady + Maker, their hand bent spoon rings and other awesome hand made home goods business, (I'm totally itching for an excuse to buy this frame). They're doing everything from inside the four walls of their lovely little loft and they are on fire! They're bending nightly, constantly creating, and loving each other throughout the whole process, talk about inspiring!

I have seen spoon rings before but had never heard about where the idea came from until I met Sam and Matt. Here's the short version background for the spoon ring: stories go that as far back as the 1600's servants who fell in love and wanted to get married would steal their employers silver to have it made into a ring for their engagement. It's like Robin Hood romance to me, LOVE!

Matt had made a ring for Sam awhile back and the idea had stuck with them. They're now taking a little piece of their love story and sharing it with the rest of us. These two are doing everything from inside the four walls of their lovely loft after they get off work and on weekends (talk about a labor of love)! They're finding their silver plated spoons (and forks) from various antique and vintage shops from around here in Portland!

We're so thankful to know these creative folks and I'm so excited to wearing my dingle hopper ring every day! Go check out their adventures on their Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. So go help out some awesome DIY folks here!


1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love the spoon ring you purchased my dear! Where can I buy one these amazing pieces? Going to check them out on IG :) xx

    By the way I nominated you for a 'Liebster Award' over on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete